The Phelps County R-III Board of Education meets on the second Thursday of each month at 6:00 pm in the Library.
Phelps County R-III School District Board Members
- Misty House, President, 2023
- Misti Wilson, Vice President/Treasurer, 2023
- Sherryl Burrus, Board Member, 2025
- Amanda Busque, Board Member, 2024
- Tameka Hey, Board Member, 2024
- Richard Kemper, Board Member, 2023
- George Robbins, Board Member, 2025
- Lahne Black, Board Secretary
- John Fluhrer, Superintendent/Principal
- Sherryl Burrus, Vice President/Treasurer, 573-368-9903 or email@example.com
- Amanda Busque, Board Member, 573-578-3111, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tameka Hey, Board Member, 573-201-4651 or email@example.com
- Misty House, President, 573-368-0613 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Kemper, Board Member, 573-308-5756 or email@example.com
- George Robbins, Board Member, 573-308-5882
- Misti Wilson, Board Member, 573-308-5191 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board recognizes that there may be situations that arise for parents/guardians or the public where complaints need to be brought to school. The following complaint procedures are to be followed by persons with questions or concerns regarding the operation of the school district.
- Complaints on behalf of individual students should be brought to the teacher first.
- Unsettled matters from (1) should be brought to the principal/superintendent.
If a matter cannot be settled through steps (1) and (2) then it should go to the Board of Education. Questions and comments in written form should be brought to the Secretary of the Board for discussion at the next regularly scheduled Board of Education meeting, or an individual hearing if necessary. The Board of Education will have the final decision making authority.
Complaints regarding administration of Federal Programs may follow the above schedule and if not resolved may be moved further to DESE or the National Education Department.
The Phelps County R-III Board of Education is committed to maintaining a workplace and educational environment that is free from illegal discrimination, harassment and retaliation in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services, activities and facilities. In accordance with law, the district strictly prohibits discrimination and harassment against employees, students or others on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. The Phelps County R-III School District is an equal opportunity employer.
Please address any questions regarding discrimination, harassment, or retaliation to the Superintendent at (573) 435-6293 or 17790 State Route M; Edgar Springs, MO 65462.