Expectional Child Education Cooperative
Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 Complaint Procedures
School Parent and Family Emergency
Title I School Wide
Phelps County R-III School District is a Title I School Wide school serving students K-8. This Title I Federally funded program allows us to provide extra instructional opportunities for students with demonstrated need in reading and math.
We invite and encourage parents to become involved in the partnership process. Please check the website under Parents & Students to find research based ideas to help your child in reading. We always seek parent input through a survey, Back to School Title I Night, and welcome parents visits and input throughout the year. If we may provide you with materials, answer questions, or provide information to help you better help your child at home, please let us know.
Title I Nights are scheduled throughout the year as well as parents information provided. Together we can create an environment that is designed to help the students that have the greatest struggle in reading and math. Please watch this website, the Cardinals Nest, and Newsletters from teachers for further information.
Phelps County R-III provides Title I classes for grades K-5. Mrs. Jamie Medearis serves as the Title I teacher. You may contact her at (573) 435-6293 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you should have questions about this program.
PCR3 School Wide Title Parent Involvement Policy
The faculty, staff, and administrators of Phelps County R3 recognize the importance of a committed partnership with parents in order to help students acquire the knowledge and skills contained in the Show-Me Standards and Grade-Level Expectations. Our school, along with a collaborative partnership with parents, is committed to pursuing the following goals in ways that recognize and respect the diversity and differing needs of families.
-Involve parents as partners int the development and implementation of School Wide Title I instructional programs.
-Establish effective two-way communication with parents.
-Develop strategies and programs that enable parents to actively participate in their child’s education.
-Provide support and coordination for school staff and parents to implement and sustain appropriate parent involvement at all grade levels.
-Utilize community resources to enrich the educational environment and promote family and student success.
-Support parents in their role as the child’s first and most important teacher.
The overall goal of Phelps County R3 District’s School Wide Title I Program is to promote partnerships that will increase parental involvement and participation in promoting the social, emotional, and academic growth of children.
Phelps County R3 Title I Parent Involvement Plan
The District shall have a Title I Parent Advisory Council comprised of dedicated parents, community members, and school employees who are committed to building strong partnerships between homes, school, and community. The following Title I Parent Involvement Plan will be reviewed annually and revised as appropriate to include the following.
The District will:
1) Convene an annual meeting at the beginning of the year to explain School Wide Title I program requirements, and explain parent’s right to be involved.
2) Provide School Wide Title I program information during Open House.
3) Provided parents with a letter explaining the School Wide Title I program.
4) Develop and revise annually a School-Parent-Student compact. The compact will outline how parents, the entire school staff, and students will share responsibility for improving student achievement.
5) Provide parents with surveys so they can evaluate the content and effectiveness of the Title I program.
6) Inform parents of their child’s progress. Communication with parents will provide special notices and reinforcement activities will be sent home when appropriate. Parents are encouraged to call their child’s teacher and visit the classroom,.
7) Provide parents with specific instructional strategies for assistance at home when needed.
The District shall coordinate and integrate parent involvement strategies with other Title I programs. It shall also expand opportunities for parental involvement:
1) Provide assistance to participating parents with understanding the Show-Me Standards, Map Testing, Stanford, and other assessments during parent-teacher conferences.
2) Provide parents with information about the assessments used to measure student progress and the proficiency levels are expected to meet.
3) Provide parents with assistance on understanding how to monitor their child’s progress.
4) Provide assistance to parents on how to work with teachers to improve the performance of their child.
5) Provide parents the training and material necessary to improve their child’s achievement, such as literacy training and using technology, as appropriate.
6) Educate, with parental assistance, all school personnel in valuing parent contributions, communicating and working with parents as equal partners, implementing and coordination parent programs, and building ties between home and school.
7) To the extent appropriate and feasible, provide a parent resource center along with opportunities for parents to learn about child development and child rearing issues.